LATEST NEWS – JULY 2012
Concept design on display for community comment
The really important stuff – how it impacts on the valley – can be found here: http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/roadprojects/projects/western_region/mt_victoria_lithgow/documents/mount_victoria_lithgow_community_update_june12.pdf
and the Evans & Peck report has finally been released to the public. See it here: http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/roadprojects/projects/western_region/mt_victoria_lithgow/documents/gwh_upgrades_west_katoomba_independent_review.pdf
Following an independent review, the NSW and Australian governments have agreed on a revised program of work for the Great Western Highway upgrade between Mount Victoria and Lithgow. This program of work will include:
- Finalising the concept design and road boundaries for upgrading the highway between Mount Victoria and Lithgow.
- A three lane upgrade at Forty Bends.
- An enhanced safety works program.
- Using remaining funds from the joint $250 million Australian and NSW government commitment to fund upgrades between Mount Victoria and Katoomba.
More detail about the NSW and Australian governments’ response to the independent review can be found on the project overview page.
Feedback on the concept design will be received until Friday 26 October 2012. Click here to download the feedback form. Alternatively you can contact the project team as follows:
- Mail to: Mount Victoria to Lithgow Alliance, PO Box 164, St Leonards NSW 1590
- Phone: 1800 035 733 (toll free)
- Email: MV2Linformation@MV2L.com.au