Lithgow City Council is to provide residents with a new and easier to use Recycling Collection Service.
From the 7th to the 26th October each household will be delivered a new 240 litre bin for recycling. This is the wheelie bin with the YELLOW lid and the dark green body.
You will also be delivered a new 240 litre RED lid garbage bin to replace your existing garbage bin.
The new collection service starts the week of Monday 4th November. Please DO NOT put the new bins out for collection prior to this date.
Your RECYCLING BIN will be serviced FORTNIGHTLY on the same day of the week as your garbage bin. Check the Information Brochure delivered with your new bin to find out which week your Recycling Collection commences.
Your GARBAGE bin will be serviced EVERY WEEK, as normal.
An INFORMATION BROCHURE will be delivered with your new bin. Please refer to this brochure for more details about how and when to use this service.
Collection of old bins
Recovery of your old bins and unwanted crates With the introduction of the new bin system, the recovery and recycling of all old bins and crates has been scheduled for the week commencing 11th November 2013.
- Old bins are to be placed out upside down, with the lid open and completely empty – they cannot be removed if they contain any items!
- If they are not collected on the day, please leave them out and they will be removed as soon as possible.
- The contractor will go down each street only once. If you miss the contractor, your old bins can be taken to the landfill.
- The contractor has also agreed to take any old unwanted recycling crates as long as they are empty.
- Need more details, please phone the Waste Hotline, 1300 728 978.
This information is from the Lithgow City Council Website